Pages

Monday 1 December 2014

The Prodigal Son Returns

The stew is back baybaaaaay! It has been far too long since I have gotten around to providing the internet with my favourite form of indulgence...its music for all of those who's minds took a trip into the gutter! This honours year is finally slowing down and I have had some time to breathe once again, in the interim I have accumulated over 100 tracks that need to be shared with you all, so without further ado its time for the music to take centre stage!


1. New Navy - Heaven



First up this week is some dreamy indie-pop from Aussie kids New Navy. These Sydney natives just inspire me to pick up a good book, put my feet up and take a relaxing bath with 'Heaven'. Smoothe vocals, beats that just bubble under the surface as the song builds up and an aura of serenity pervade throughout as 'I could be in heaven' washes over your soul...these guys really make a good go at taking me beyond with this song. Definitely a song for a chilled afternoon in the sun!




2. Salt Cathedral - Holy Soul



Next up we have some charming female-lead indie-pop from the opposite side of the world. Salt Cathedral are 3 piece band based out of New York who have been performing together for around a year and a half now. Their sound is one of undertsated elegance, intro effortlessly leads into verse and into subsequent chorus, all lead by the soaring vocals of Julianna Ronderos. She is ably supported by a beat you can get your hips into and some snyth being artfully used throughout the track. One could even compare them to the early work done by London Grammar, that is high praise indeed from me!




3. Klo. - Make me Wonder

Oh hawt dayuuuuum, this track is a sizzler, it makes a white boy like me want to attempt to groove (it ain't a pretty sight). A beat to die for, vocals that gives a grown man goosebumbs and production levels way up high. This is one of my favorite tracks from the entire year, it has been blaring from my tiny car speakers for months. The duo from Melbourne have only just started to make waves on the scene but with some more offereings like this I can't see why they won't be huge. Even after months of listening I have yet to find a part of the song that does'nt seem to fit perfectly. I cannot be effusive enough in my praise for this duo! Get on it and listen!!




4. cx1331 - Unit



Yes that title is correct, that is the artist and track name. This sneaky little track popped up a few months ago and has RAC written all over it, beats that inspire a smile even on a rainy day, a groove to get those shoulders popping and all round a hell of a good time. Every time this track pops up it brightens up my day and makes me wish that I had half of the beat-making ability that this guy has. I'm actually just going to stop now and tell you to go and have a listen, you won't regret it.




5. The Whitest Boy Alive - Burning



The final track this week is an ode to a group that broke up earlier this year. WBA have been inspiring writers in coffee shops all over the world for the last few years now, their musicality and groove just fits right in with a perfect flat white and a laptop screen, even now I can feel the creative juices flowing, this is a very rare thing for me. Sadly they are no longer with us but we can enjoy their back catalogue or alternatively one can listen to 'Kings of Convenience' which has the same front man and who are one of my favourite bands of all time.




Thats it for this week. I don't want to spoil you too much just yet, too much good music and your ears may not cope! I hope that you all have a fantastic week and that these tracks brighten up your days as much as they do mine. See you all again next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment