Pages

Monday 5 August 2013

Creeper

Heyo people! Welcome back to The Weekly Stew (Damn that name is becoming misleading due to my laziness)!

This week we have some more spectacular tracks to make your first couple of weeks back at university or work so much easier! The last edition qas quite a somber affair so this week is going to be a little bit happier by neccesity!

Lets just get into the playlist...

1. Gangs of Ballet - Daydream

The Gangs boys are back and they have come out swinging hard, 'Daydream' is yet another anthemic masterpiece, the music is crisp and precise and beautifully orchestrated to bring maximum joy and sing-alongs with it. 'Daydream' is a slightly more chilled vibe from Gangs and as such it should reach a wider audience and gain them even more adoring fans, of which they have many already. These guys are mates of mine so I can truly say that they are absolute legends! You don't want to miss out on this song and video!


2. Arctic Monkeys - R U Mine

Ah I love the Arctic monkeys. Their debut album started my love affair with British Indie Music that lasts to this day! If you haven't listened to atleast a days worth of Arctic monekeys music then shame on you (Shaaaaame)! The next 2 tracks in this playlist are from their latest album and it sounds to me as if they have found their magic once again...Alex Turner is a genius lyricist and composer. End of Story. So go have a listen to the catchy riffs and spectacular vocals on these 2 tracks!


3. Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know?


4. Architecture In Helsinki - In The Future

Oh yesssss! AIC are back again! Their infectious beats full of happiness are here to delight us all day long! These guys are certain to brighten up any winters day! If you have read this blog beofre then you will know that I love these Melbourn'ians with a real passion! Their 80's-esqe pop is just utterly fantastic! This will most definitely brighten up your day!



5. Daft Punk - Lose Yourself To Dance

While the rest of the world carries on going crazy about 'Get Lucky' I have decided to move on to the rest of the new 'Daft Punk' album. Luckily I did or I would never have found the gem that is 'Lose Yourself To Dance'...This is one smooth number, full of deadly hooks and suave beats that make you really want to 'lose yourself to dance'...I may or may not have danced to this alone in my room unashamedly! So as the song says 'come on, come on, come on' and join the party!


Well sadly that's it for this edition of The Weekly Stew! See you all again real soon!

1 comment:

  1. So great to see Gangs of Ballet included here, they really are pretty damn awesome! And so is this blog. My friends think I have a knack for just finding music they have never heard before but love immediately, but actually I discover all this music through this blog. Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete